Roland has been with us since the beginning. He has spent many seasons in Verbier, knows every secret spot and he has given hundreds of people the holiday of their life. Roland is ready for another great season with Altitude and can’t wait to improve your snowboard level.
A little about me
- Name: Roland Sommer
- Education: Swiss Federal Patent (Swiss Snowsports), Landscape gardener
- Languages spoken: German, English, conversational French and Spanish
- Origin: Bern,Switzerland
- Why Verbier: It is just a magic resort.
- Favourite run in Verbier: There are too many good ones.
- Loves snowboarding: Because it is freedom and action in one .
- Loves teaching: It feels great to help people to get better at doing what I love.
- Best experience ever: Traveling the world with the snowboard.
- Extra info: I have been working for Altitude since the beginning and have spent 13 winter seasons in Verbier.
- What do you do in the summer? Working, downhill biking and traveling.
- Favourite ski/board movie: Now Here